Debra Morrill, B.A., has a shamanic healing practice in Prairie du Sac, Wi, specializing in soul retrieval, compassionate depossession, ancestral healing and curse unraveling. She leads the popular "Energy Essentials for Empaths" classes and a two-year shamanic medicine wheel program. Her gentle, grounded energy creates a safe space for healing. Visit her web site at debramorrill.com to learn more about her perspective on spirituality, shamanism and personal healing. Debra uses Crow Moon Healing Bed and Breakfast for client retreats, basic shamanism weekend classes, the medicine wheel program and her four day classes on compassionate depossession. Check out the Crow Moon Healings calendar for events. For registration for classes or to have a session with Debra contact her directly at email@example.com or call 608-279-4319
April 2018 Newsletter
Journeyers on the Path -
Most of us feel anxious occasionally - it’s a natural part of the human experience. Over the last few weeks, many clients and students have shared that they’ve felt more anxiety than usual. I’ve noticed this myself too. The heightened chaos and fear happening in the world right now affects us on a personal level, boosting our feelings of uncertainty and triggering anxiety.
Anxiety is a message from our body telling us that some aspect of our being feels unsafe. For better or worse, we can’t “think” our way out of anxiety. We need to address it physically and energetically in the body where it occurs. Breath is the most powerful antidote to anxiety. Taking slow, deep methodical breaths engages the parasympathetic nervous system which helps calm us (the opposite of the “fight or flight” response).
Here are some tools to use in the moment when you experience anxiety:
* Place your hand on your heart and say out loud, “May I be kind to myself in this moment.” * Focus on your breath. Breathe deeply and consciously. Follow the breath in and out of the body. * Put your hand on your heart and recall feeling loved and cherished. * Practice lovingkindness meditation. With each breathe into the heart, repeat the phrase, “May my fear be released.” With each exhale, repeat the phrase, “May my heart remain open.” * Walk in nature. Moving the body helps release the excess energy to Mother Earth. * Comfort your inner child. Let them know they are loved and safe. * Use flower essences such as Bach Rescue Remedy for support. Bach Rescue Remedy can be found at your local natural food store or pharmacy.
Please let go of any self-judgment you might feel around being anxious. Exquisite self care is especially important when we experience anxiety. Please be kind and gentle with yourself.
In this April 2018 newsletter…
1) new “Energy Essentials for Empaths” series starting April 7 near New Glarus 2) anger ritual - on May 6 3) summer events at Camp Wonewoc 4) two-day basic shamanism workshop - August 18-19 5) private shamanic healing sessions 6) upcoming events
+ + + + + + + + + +
1) NEW "ENERGY ESSENTIALS FOR EMPATHS” SERIES STARTING APRIL 7 NEAR NEW GLARUS
There are still seats available for the empaths series happening near New Glarus, WI!
Energy Essentials for Empaths Three one-day modules - sign up for Module 1 or all three! Module 1 - Saturday, April 7, 2018 Module 2 - Saturday, May 12, 2018 Module 3 - Saturday, June 9, 2018 All modules are from 9 am - 5 pm Anawasi • N8809 Badger Road, Blanchardville, WI
There are many terms for it: empathy, clairsentience, being a Highly Sensitive Person. Many of us who are sensitive to energy wish to better handle the challenges that arise. By using tools from psychic development, shamanism and meditation, we can learn to be more comfortable in our body and to view our abilities for the gift that they are. Ongoing practice with these tools will build regular habits and permanent skills. This series is intended for anyone sensitive to energy, who regularly takes on the energy of other people, or who works in a care taking role (such as nurses, massage therapists, social workers, teachers, etc.). Appropriate for all experience levels - no prior experience necessary, although the ability to receive insight and intuitive information during guided meditations is helpful.
Module 1 - The Basics - Saturday, April 7, 2018 • the Recipe, a tool to start the day grounded, centered and aligned • cleansing and repair of the aura • working with a body protector power animal and a gatekeeper • tools for healthy boundaries • how to decord when we take on another person’s energy
Module 2 - Self Care for Empaths - Saturday, May 12, 2018 • neutral compassion and holding space • tools for supporting others without taking on their energy • identifying and releasing limiting agreements that allow us to take on the energy of others • identifying unmet core needs and doing inner child work • tools for cleansing after picking up heavy energy
Module 3 - Being Sovereign in the Body - Saturday, June 9, 2018 • healthy boundaries with spirit beings • maintaining seniority when under stress • learning a power song and power stacking • journey to nalparuna for body armor • reciprocity and shadow work - taking responsibility for how our energy affects others
Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 and 3. Modules 2 and 3 may be taken in either order and may even be taken during other series. All modules meet from 9 am - 5 pm with an hourlong lunch break. NOTE: The one-day empaths class offered prior to 2016 is the equivalent of Module 1.
Fee: $175 for individual modules. Sign up for all three and receive a discounted rate of $150 per module - a total savings of $75 for the series. Fee includes extensive handouts. Snacks and tea are included. Because of the remote location, lunch will be provided for classes at Anawasi.
Going Within: Transforming Anger A one-day personal healing experience led by Debra Morrill & assisted by Karen McIntosh Sunday, May 6, 2018 • 9 am - 5 pm Crow Moon Healing • 6472 Breunig Road, rural Mazomanie, WI
In childhood, many of us were taught that anger was bad or harmful, so we grew up holding it in. That old stuffed anger may now impact our health and well-being. It might leak out as passive-aggressiveness, and occasionally it might erupt and be directed at someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In the morning, we’ll create sacred space and learn about helpful ways of dealing with anger. In the afternoon, we’ll do an anger ritual to release anger from the physical body, followed by a creative project to transform the remnants of anger to beauty.
Wherever two or more are gathered with a healing intention, something magical happens. The energy is amplified, and the healing of one becomes the healing of all. The “Going Within” one-day workshops are intended for anyone on the spiritual path who is open to the power of shamanic healing to bring about lasting transformation and change. If you have something you are ready to shift - and if you are ready to hold space for your own healing and the healing of others - you are welcome to join us. Class size is limited to four to ensure an intimate setting for everyone to receive attention. If there is additional interest, other dates will be scheduled.
Fee: $235, payable by cash or check with registration to hold your space. There are a limited number of spaces for this class. Please register early to ensure a space. Checks are not cashed until after the event. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Please bring: We will do a pot-smashing ritual to release our anger. Each participant is asked to bring 30-50 small (2”-2.5”) terra cotta flower pots. These can be purchased online, at craft stores or at garden-supply centers.
I’m excited to announce that I will once again be offering several classes and healing sessions at Wonewoc Spiritualist Camp this summer. For anyone who has never been to Camp Wonewoc, it’s a summer camp at the top of a bluff in Wonewoc, WI run by the National Spiritualist Association of Churches. Mediums and intuitives live on-site over the season and give readings and offer healing sessions. A weekly church service is open to the public at 10 am every Sunday.
- Thursday, June 28 and Friday, June 29 - shamanic healing sessions - Saturday, July 7 - “Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1” - all day class from 9 am to 5 pm - Thursday, July 26 - shamanic healing sessions - Saturday, July 28 - “The Breath of Life” - half day class from 1-4 pm - Thursday, August 23 - shamanic healing sessions
Please watch for more information and details in the May newsletter.
+ + + + + + + + + +
4) TWO-DAY BASIC SHAMANISM WORKSHOP - AUGUST 18-19
Connecting with Divine Spirit through Shamanism A two-day basic shamanism workshop Saturday, August 18, 2018 • 9 am - 9 pm Sunday, August 19, 2018 • 9 am - 4 pm Crow Moon Healing • 6472 Breunig Road, rural Mazomanie, WI
From the beginning of time, indigenous cultures on every continent shared a shamanic spiritual view. Our forebears lived close to the earth, deeply in tune with her cycles and seasons, the elements and nature. In this connection, they found their spirituality. They believed that every living being had a spirit - not just people, but also animals, trees, stones and plants. They commonly traveled into the spirit realm to communicate and interact with power animals, spirit guides and nature spirits. Through exploring the basics of shamanism, we can rekindle our connection to the divine and develop our ability to communicate directly with Spirit to receive guidance on our spiritual path. This is a foundational class for future shamanic workshops.
In this two-day experiential workshop, we will:
• gain comfort with accessing divine wisdom through the shamanic journey and explore the shamanic realms by journeying to the Lower and Upper Worlds • meet a power animal and a spirit teacher to serve as guides in the spirit world • practice a method of divination with natural objects and connect with nature spirits • participate in a fire ceremony to release and transform energy • experiment with the shamanic sounds of drumming and rattling
Fee: $330 with early registration by August 9 -OR- $375 after August 9. Meals included in the workshop fee: snacks, lunch on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday and lunch on Sunday. Dinner on Saturday evening is potluck style before the evening fire ceremony. Basic lodging is available on-site for Saturday evening at no extra charge. There are a variety of beds, air mattresses and sofas available. Or bring a tent and camp.
Private shamanic healing sessions shift the energy of the past and help us let go of limiting agreements that are holding us back from fully living from a place of truth and harmony.
Shamanic healing sessions are available by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at Healing Services on the River, 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI (just 25 miles north of Madison, WI). Weekend appointments are available by request. Some shamanic healing modalities and techniques can be practiced long-distance via a telephone session. Please inquire if you live outside of southwestern Wisconsin.
There are many reasons for seeking a private shamanic healing session, most arising from something in our life that feels uncomfortable or out of balance. Because shamanic healing occurs on the energetic level, it cuts through years of blocked energy to help bring about movement and transformation. Shamanic healing is effective for:
* releasing energy from the body and energy field that is not ours * restoring joy, vitality and power after the "emptiness" of a loss or trauma * releasing painful childhood experiences * clearing heavy energy from the body after physical or emotional traumas * releasing old thought/behavorial patterns that no longer serve us * shifting heavy ancestral energy in the family line * helping us connect with our inner wisdom and our spirit guides
Common shamanic healing techniques include compassionate depossession, curse unraveling, soul retrieval, ancestral healing, agreement unraveling, and destiny retrieval.
Private sessions can be around a specific intention that you bring for healing, or around an issue that arises in the moment. Private healing sessions are effective for working through core issues when we need more attention and individual support than the group class setting allows.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Debra Morrill at 608-279-4319 or firstname.lastname@example.org. My Tumbled Rocks blog at www.debramorrill.com has more information about shamanism and my philosophy of healing. Referrals welcome.
+ + + + + + + + + +
6) SAVE THE DATES! UPCOMING EVENTS
* May 6, 2018 - Going Within: Transforming Anger - at Crow Moon Healing * August 18-19, 2018 - Two-day Basic Shamanism Workshop - at Crow Moon Healing * September 23, 2018 - Going Within: Soul Retrieval - at Crow Moon Healing
* April 7, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1 - at Anawasi in rural New Glarus, WI * May 12, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 2 - at Anawasi in rural New Glarus, WI * June 9, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 3 - at Anawasi in rural New Glarus, WI
* September 8, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1 - in Prairie du Sac, WI * October 13, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 2 - in Prairie du Sac, WI * November 10, 2018 - Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 3 - in Prairie du Sac, WI