Debra Morrill, B.A., has a shamanic healing practice in Prairie du Sac, Wi, specializing in soul retrieval, compassionate depossession, ancestral healing and curse unraveling. She leads the popular "Energy Essentials for Empaths" classes and a two-year shamanic medicine wheel program. Her gentle, grounded energy creates a safe space for healing. Visit her web site at debramorrill.com to learn more about her perspective on spirituality, shamanism and personal healing. Debra uses Crow Moon Healing Bed and Breakfast for client retreats, basic shamanism weekend classes, the medicine wheel program and her four day classes on compassionate depossession. Check out the Crow Moon Healings Newsletter for upcoming events. For registration for classes or to have a session with Debra contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-279-4319 ******************************************************************************* Journeyers on the Path -
However you choose to celebrate, happy holidays! Wishing you blessings of peace, joy and love.
I’m excited to announce several new classes happening in December and January. Please read on for more information...
+ + + + + + + + + +
HOLIDAY SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR EMPATHS For empaths, the holidays can present challenges in the way of large gatherings and social events, general busy-ness, time with extended family, and even loud noises. Here are some tips for empaths looking to survive the holidays. 1) Slow down. If you enter the holidays tired and run down from trying to accomplish everything on your list, you will be out of your center before the big family gatherings happen. When empaths are ungrounded, we are much more likely to take on negative/heavy energy from those around us. 2) Prioritize. You don’t have to do it all. Simplify your holiday plans and let some things go if you have too much to do. See #1 above. 3) Step into a quiet room and take a few deep breaths to ground yourself if you find yourself slipping out of your center. 4) Give yourself permission to leave an event when you have reached your limit of interaction and need alone time to recover. 5) Limit consumption of alcohol and foods that your body doesn’t like. We might be tempted to cheat and think we can sneak some food with gluten or sugar here and there, but when our body takes a hit, our aura is weakened. When our aura is not functioning at its best, it’s more likely we will take on external energy. 6) Remember it’s okay to say no. Set healthy boundaries for yourself. 7) Double down on your grounding and meditation practices for the extra boost of energy you need over the holidays. 8) Love yourself anyway, even when or if you slip!
If you would like to learn more, a two-part class is being offered on this topic Tuesday, December 10 and December 17. Read on below for more information...
+ + + + + + + + + +
In this December newsletter:
1) new! “empaths holiday survival guide” on December 10 & 17 2) new! “clearing a path into the new year” on December 29 3) new! “staying centered in difficult times” starts January 14, 2020 4) “energy essentials for empaths” - module 1 offered twice in January & February 5) two-day basic shamanism class - March 7-8, 2020 6) private shamanic healing sessions 7) save the dates! upcoming events
+ + + + + + + + + +
1) NEW! “EMPATHS HOLIDAY SURVIVAL GUIDE” ON DECEMBER 10 & 17
Empaths Holiday Survival Guide - 2 part evening class Tuesday, December 10 & December 17, 2019 • 5:30-8:30 pm Healing Services on the River • 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI
The holidays can be a particularly stressful time for empaths. For those of us who are sensitive to energy, the general busyness, crowds, expectations, and family gatherings contribute to feeling deeply anxious and off balance. A handful of very simple tools from a variety of spiritual practices, combined with a practical common sense approach, can support us in setting healthy boundaries and feeling more comfortable in our physical body. This class uses several of the basic concepts from the Energy Essentials for Empaths series tailored for better navigating and managing the holidays. Even if you have already attended a prior empaths class, this particular class uses new activities. Open to all - no prior experience necessary.
In this experiential class, you will:
* listen to your body to identify helpful self care techniques during the holidays * distinguish between tribal and societal expectations and the healthy needs of your soul * practice techniques for breathing to reduce stress and anxiety * learn skills for setting healthy boundaries * discover the importance of a daily grounding practice * identify and shift limiting agreements that keep you in a cycle of chaos around the holidays
This two-part series meets two Tuesday evenings from 5:30-8:30 pm on December 10 and December 17. The class will be held at Healing Services on the River, 595 Water Street in Prairie du Sac, WI.
Fee: $50 per evening. Attendance at both of the classes is strongly recommended to get the most benefit from the experience.
2) NEW! “CLEARING A PATH INTO THE NEW YEAR” ON DECEMBER 29
Clearing a Path Into the New Year Sunday, December 29, 2019 • 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Healing Services on the River • 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI
This year has been challenging for many. As we look ahead to the new year, reflecting on the last twelve months can help gain higher perspective. Clearing any lingering energy will free us to move forward into the joy and opportunities of 2020.
In this experiential workshop, we will:
* use a method of divination with rocks and crystals to gain insight and shift energy * clear energy blockages in the body * set intentions to guide the year ahead * integrate by doing artwork
Fee: $175. Snacks and tea are included. Lunch is not included in the fee. There are a number of reasonably priced restaurants nearby, or bring a sack lunch.
3) NEW! “STAYING CENTERED IN DIFFICULT TIMES” STARTS JANUARY 14, 2020
Staying Centered in Difficult Times A ten-part series led by Debra Morrill Begins Tuesday, January 14, 2020 and meets for ten classes ending May 19, 2020 Meets every other Tuesday evening • 5:30-8:30 pm Healing Services on the River • 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI
There has been a lot of unsettled energy in the world recently - both with personal challenges and old wounds arising for attention, and global challenges with issues affecting society and the environment. With these challenges come opportunities to practice staying centered. Staying centered leads to growth and allows light to shine into what is ready for healing. Appropriate for all experience levels – no prior experience necessary – although the ability to receive information during guided meditations is helpful.
In this experiential ten-part series, we will explore the following topics:
• grounding • listening to soul wisdom • self care • breath work • body awareness • acknowledging emotions • finding joy • meditation • supportive energetic boundaries • agreement unraveling
This ongoing series meets every other Tuesday evening from 5:30-8:30 pm beginning Tuesday, January 14, and running for a total of ten times. The dates for this class are January 14 and 28, February 11 and 25, March 10 and 24, April 7 and 21, and May 5 and 19, 2020. The class will be held at Healing Services on the River, 595 Water Street in Prairie du Sac, WI.
Fee: $45 per evening. This is a ten-part commitment. Attendance at all ten of the classes is strongly recommended to get the most benefit from the experience.
4) “ENERGY ESSENTIALS FOR EMPATHS” - MODULE 1 OFFERED TWICE IN JANUARY & FEBRUARY
Two opportunities for Module 1! Choose your date and location.
Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1 Saturday, January 18, 2020 • 9 am - 5 pm Healing Services on the River • 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI
- OR -
Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1 Sunday, February 23, 2020 • 9 am - 5 pm Anawasi • N8809 Badger Road, Blanchardville, WI
There are many terms for it: empathy, clairsentience, being a Highly Sensitive Person. Many of us who are sensitive to energy wish to better handle the challenges that arise. By using tools from psychic development, shamanism and meditation, we can learn to be more comfortable in our body and to view our abilities for the gift that they are. Ongoing practice with these tools will build regular habits and permanent skills. This series is intended for anyone sensitive to energy, who regularly takes on the energy of other people, or who works in a care taking role (such as nurses, massage therapists, social workers, teachers, etc.). Appropriate for all experience levels - no prior experience necessary, although the ability to receive insight and intuitive information during guided meditations is helpful.
Module 1 - The Basics • the Recipe, a tool to start the day grounded, centered and aligned • reframing these abilities to see them as a gift • working with a body protector power animal and a gatekeeper • tools for healthy boundaries • how to decord when we take on another person’s energy
Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 and 3. Modules 2 and 3 may be taken in either order. All modules meet from 9 am - 5 pm with an hourlong lunch break. Modules 2 and 3 will be offered several times in 2020.
Fee: $175 for individual modules. Fee includes extensive handouts. Lunch is not included in the fee when offered in Prairie du Sac - there are a number of reasonably priced restaurants within a block of the workshop site. When the workshop is offered near New Glarus, lunch is included due to the remote location.
5) TWO-DAY BASIC SHAMANISM CLASS - MARCH 7-8, 2020
Connecting with Divine Spirit through Shamanism A two-day basic shamanism workshop Saturday, March 7, 2020 • 9 am - 9 pm Sunday, March 8, 2020 • 9 am - 4 pm Crow Moon Healing • 6472 Breunig Road, rural Mazomanie, WI
From the beginning of time, indigenous cultures on every continent shared a shamanic spiritual view. Our forebears lived close to the earth, deeply in tune with her cycles and seasons, the elements and nature. In this connection, they found their spirituality. They believed that every living being had a spirit - not just people, but also animals, trees, stones and plants. They commonly traveled into the spirit realm to communicate and interact with power animals, spirit guides and nature spirits. Through exploring the basics of shamanism, we can rekindle our connection to the divine and develop our ability to communicate directly with Spirit to receive guidance on our spiritual path. This is a foundational class for future shamanic workshops.
In this two-day experiential workshop, we will:
• gain comfort with accessing divine wisdom through the shamanic journey and explore the shamanic realms by journeying to the Lower and Upper Worlds • meet a power animal and a spirit teacher to serve as guides in the spirit world • practice a method of divination with natural objects and connect with nature spirits • participate in a fire ceremony to release and transform energy • experiment with the shamanic sounds of drumming and rattling
Fee: $375 with early registration by February 24 -OR- $425 after February 24. Meals included in the workshop fee: snacks, lunch on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday and lunch on Sunday. Dinner on Saturday evening is potluck style before the evening fire ceremony. Basic lodging is available on-site for Saturday evening at no extra charge, or bring a tent and camp if you prefer.
Private shamanic healing sessions shift the energy of the past and help us let go of limiting agreements that are holding us back from fully living from a place of truth and harmony.
Shamanic healing sessions are available by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at Healing Services on the River, 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI (just 25 miles north of Madison, WI). Weekend appointments are available by request. Some shamanic healing modalities and techniques can be practiced long-distance via a telephone session. Please inquire if you live outside of southwestern Wisconsin.
There are many reasons for seeking a private shamanic healing session, most arising from something in our life that feels uncomfortable or out of balance. Because shamanic healing occurs on the energetic level, it cuts through years of blocked energy to help bring about movement and transformation. Shamanic healing is effective for:
* releasing energy from the body and energy field that is not ours * restoring joy, vitality and power after the "emptiness" of a loss or trauma * releasing painful childhood experiences * clearing heavy energy from the body after physical or emotional traumas * releasing old thought/behavorial patterns that no longer serve us * shifting heavy ancestral energy in the family line * helping us connect with our inner wisdom and our spirit guides
Common shamanic healing techniques include compassionate depossession, curse unraveling, soul retrieval, ancestral healing, agreement unraveling, and destiny retrieval.
Private sessions can be around a specific intention that you bring for healing, or around an issue that arises in the moment. Private healing sessions are effective for working through core issues when we need more attention and individual support than the group class setting allows.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Debra Morrill at 608-279-4319 or email@example.com. My web site has more information about shamanism and my philosophy of healing. Please visit debramorrill.com. Referrals welcome.
+ + + + + + + + + +
7) SAVE THE DATES! UPCOMING EVENTS
* Empaths Holiday Survival Guide - December 10 & 17, 2019 * Clearing a Path into the New Year - Sunday, December 29, 2019 * Staying Centered in Difficult Times - 10-part series meeting every other Tuesday evening begins January 14, 2020
* Basic Shamanism Workshop - the weekend of March 7-8, 2020 - in rural Sauk City, WI
* Energy Essentials for Empaths classes: - Module 1 - Saturday, January 18, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI - Module 1 - Sunday, February 23, 2020 near New Glarus, WI - Module 2 - Saturday, March 21, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI