Debra Morrill, B.A., has a shamanic healing practice in Prairie du Sac, Wi, specializing in soul retrieval, compassionate depossession, ancestral healing and curse unraveling. She leads the popular "Energy Essentials for Empaths" classes and a two-year shamanic medicine wheel program. Her gentle, grounded energy creates a safe space for healing. Visit her web site at debramorrill.com to learn more about her perspective on spirituality, shamanism and personal healing. Debra uses Crow Moon Healing Bed and Breakfast for client retreats, basic shamanism weekend classes, the medicine wheel program and her four day classes on compassionate depossession. Check out the Crow Moon Healings Newsletter for upcoming events. For registration for classes or to have a session with Debra contact her directly at email@example.com or call 608-279-4319 ******************************************************************************* Journeyers on the Path -
During my first years in Baraboo, I went to Devils Lake State Park daily. One particular spot at Steinke Basin called me again and again. A perfect sitting stone overlooking a small bluff offered a welcome place to be with my soul and the nature spirits. Often when I had finished my woodland meditations, the clouds would open for light to beam down through openings in the leaves. On cool days, I’d lift my face to the sky and be warmed by the rays of the sunshine.
Sometimes I’d build a stone cairn to hold my prayers and healing intentions. Some days I’d talk to a tree. Other days I’d sit quietly and observe the various birds, insects, and animals nearby. As I attuned to the energy of the Baraboo Hills, the furred and feathered began to interact - a deer came and walked with me, a coyote on the path said hello, a barred owl watched from its perch, a curious chipmunk played at my feet, and pileated woodpeckers flew ahead of me as I made my way through the woods.
One day my maternal ancestors came to visit, entering on a sudden strong wind, bringing their tears and suffering to be witnessed by the compassionate nature spirits. My grief merged with theirs, and the strong breeze carried away the pain of the lineage.
In spring during the snow melt, I’d walk to the fairy glen - a magical place at a wooden footbridge overlooking a small waterfall. When I felt drawn to do energetic clearing, I’d kneel next to the stream and bless my chakras with the running water.
I ended each hike with deep gratitude to Mother Nature and the elements, more at peace with myself and the world. Mother Earth and the elements were holding me and helping me to heal. Being connected to their gentle energy was a balm for my soul.
The elements of earth, water, fire, air and light eagerly share their wisdom and healing energy with those who ask. If you welcome a deeper connection to your spirituality, nature and the elements, please read on for more information about a new five-part series happening this summer on The Five Elements…
+ + + + + + + + + +
In this February newsletter:
1) new series! “The Five Elements” begins in May 2) module 1 of “Energy Essentials for Empaths” - February 23 3) two-day basic shamanism class - March 7-8 4) next 2.5 year medicine wheel starts in April 2021 5) private shamanic healing sessions 6) save the dates! upcoming events
+ + + + + + + + + +
1) NEW SERIES! “THE FIVE ELEMENTS” BEGINS IN MAY
The Five Elements: A five-part shamanic series to hear the wisdom of the elements and create gentle shifts and greater connection Begins Sunday, May 31, 2020 • 10 am - 5 pm Then meeting the last Sunday of each month through September Crow Moon Healing • 6472 Breunig Road, rural Mazomanie, WI
From the beginning of time, indigenous cultures on every continent shared a shamanic spiritual view. Our forebears lived close to the earth, deeply in tune with her cycles and seasons, the elements and nature. In this connection, they found their spirituality. Many spiritual traditions still honor the elements, considered the building blocks of life.
“Earth our body, Water our blood, Air our breath, and Fire our spirit.”
In this five-part series, we invite each element to share its wisdom. As we open to being guided by their energy, we develop a deeper connection to Great Spirit and step into greater balance. This is an experiential class, focusing on nature, shamanic journeying, personal healing and ceremony. The ability to journey and receive information during guided meditations will enhance your experience in this series. This is a foundational class for future shamanic workshops.
This is a five-part commitment. Attendance at all five classes is recommended. The dates are May 31 (Earth), June 28 (Water), July 26 (Fire), August 30 (Air) and September 27 (Light).
Open to the power of the elements to support you in your personal spiritual practice!
Fee: $150 per class. (Total is $750.) Bring your own lunch.
2) MODULE 1 OF “ENERGY ESSENTIALS FOR EMPATHS” - FEBRUARY 23
Energy Essentials for Empaths - Module 1 Sunday, February 23, 2020 • 9 am - 5 pm Anawasi • N8809 Badger Road, Blanchardville, WI
There are many terms for it: empathy, clairsentience, being a Highly Sensitive Person. Many of us who are sensitive to energy wish to better handle the challenges that arise. By using tools from psychic development, shamanism and meditation, we can learn to be more comfortable in our body and to view our abilities for the gift that they are. Ongoing practice with these tools will build regular habits and permanent skills. This series is intended for anyone sensitive to energy, who regularly takes on the energy of other people, or who works in a care taking role (such as nurses, massage therapists, social workers, teachers, etc.). Appropriate for all experience levels - no prior experience necessary, although the ability to receive insight and intuitive information during guided meditations is helpful.
Module 1 - The Basics • the Recipe, a tool to start the day grounded, centered and aligned • reframing these abilities to see them as a gift • working with a body protector power animal and a gatekeeper • tools for healthy boundaries • how to decord when we take on another person’s energy
Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 and 3. Modules 2 and 3 may be taken in either order. Modules 2 and 3 will be offered several times in 2020.
Fee: $175 for individual modules. Fee includes extensive handouts and healthy lunch.
3) TWO-DAY BASIC SHAMANISM CLASS - MARCH 7-8, 2020
Connecting with Divine Spirit through Shamanism A two-day basic shamanism workshop Saturday, March 7, 2020 • 9 am - 9 pm Sunday, March 8, 2020 • 9 am - 4 pm Crow Moon Healing • 6472 Breunig Road, rural Mazomanie, WI
From the beginning of time, indigenous cultures on every continent shared a shamanic spiritual view. Our forebears lived close to the earth, deeply in tune with her cycles and seasons, the elements and nature. In this connection, they found their spirituality. They believed that every living being had a spirit - not just people, but also animals, trees, stones and plants. They commonly traveled into the spirit realm to communicate and interact with power animals, spirit guides and nature spirits. Through exploring the basics of shamanism, we can rekindle our connection to the divine and develop our ability to communicate directly with Spirit to receive guidance on our spiritual path. This is a foundational class for future shamanic workshops.
In this two-day experiential workshop, we will:
• gain comfort with accessing divine wisdom through the shamanic journey and explore the shamanic realms by journeying to the Lower and Upper Worlds • meet a power animal and a spirit teacher to serve as guides in the spirit world • practice a method of divination with natural objects and connect with nature spirits • participate in a fire ceremony to release and transform energy • experiment with the shamanic sounds of drumming and rattling
Fee: $375 with early registration by February 24 -OR- $425 after February 24. Meals included in the workshop fee: snacks, lunch on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday and lunch on Sunday. Dinner on Saturday evening is potluck style before the evening fire ceremony. Basic lodging is available on-site for Saturday evening at no extra charge, or bring a tent and camp if you prefer.
4) NEXT 2.5 YEAR MEDICINE WHEEL STARTS IN APRIL 2021
The Shamanic Path: a 2.5-year shamanic medicine wheel and training program based on core shamanic healing techniques led by Debra Morrill Begins April 9-11, 2021, and meets one weekend every three months Each weekend is Friday evening at 7 pm and runs through Sunday afternoon at 4 pm Crow Moon Healing • a spiritual B&B located in rural Sauk City, WI
"The Shamanic Path" is a 2.5-year medicine wheel program combining personal healing work and training in core shamanic healing techniques. It brings about lasting growth and personal transformation. It is designed for:
* those who want to empower their personal healing journey using shamanic techniques -OR- * those who are drawn to shamanism to deepen their connection with Spirit -OR- * those who wish to begin a shamanic healing practice (formal or informal) or to fold shamanic healing techniques into an existing alternative health practice (such as massage or reiki)
Walking the medicine wheel is a way of shedding old patterns and beliefs that no longer serve us. When the unhealed wounds of the past are brought out into the light for healing, deep transformation results. In doing this work, we embody more of our True Self. Shamans are often referred to as "wounded healers." In combining a training program along with personal healing work, we make medicine out of our past. Healing ourselves restores harmony to our being, allows us to practice the work with integrity and compassion, and prepares us for being of service to others.
"The Shamanic Path" training program meets 10 weekends over 2.5 years - one weekend every three months. It begins April 9-11, 2021, and takes place at Crow Moon Healing Bed & Breakfast in rural Sauk City, WI. The base price of each weekend is $440 (which includes lodging and breakfast). Each weekend begins Friday evening with opening circle at 7 pm and runs through Sunday afternoon with closing circle at 4 pm.
This training program is appropriate for intermediate experience levels. Some pre-requisites are required, such as the ability to receive information during shamanic journeys and prior attendance at a two-day basic shamanism workshop.
There is a practicum option available for participants who wish to go into shamanic practice working directly with clients.
For more information about "The Shamanic Path" medicine wheel/training program beginning in April 2021, please request a brochure by replying to this email with your physical mailing address.
The registration process includes filling out an application and having a 30-minute phone interview. If you are interested in participating in the “The Shamanic Path” 2.5-year program, please let me know of your interest so you can fulfill the pre-requisites. To register or for more information, please contact Debra Morrill at 608-279-4319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ + + + + + + + + +
5) PRIVATE SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS
Private shamanic healing sessions shift the energy of the past and help us let go of limiting agreements that are holding us back from fully living from a place of truth and harmony.
Shamanic healing sessions are available by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at Healing Services on the River, 595 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI (just 25 miles north of Madison, WI). Weekend appointments are available by request. Some shamanic healing modalities and techniques can be practiced long-distance via a telephone session. Please inquire if you live outside of southwestern Wisconsin.
There are many reasons for seeking a private shamanic healing session, most arising from something in our life that feels uncomfortable or out of balance. Because shamanic healing occurs on the energetic level, it cuts through years of blocked energy to help bring about movement and transformation. Shamanic healing is effective for:
* releasing energy from the body and energy field that is not ours * restoring joy, vitality and power after the "emptiness" of a loss or trauma * releasing painful childhood experiences * clearing heavy energy from the body after physical or emotional traumas * releasing old thought/behavorial patterns that no longer serve us * shifting heavy ancestral energy in the family line * helping us connect with our inner wisdom and our spirit guides
Common shamanic healing techniques include compassionate depossession, curse unraveling, soul retrieval, ancestral healing, agreement unraveling, and destiny retrieval.
Private sessions can be around a specific intention that you bring for healing, or around an issue that arises in the moment. Private healing sessions are effective for working through core issues when we need more attention and individual support than the group class setting allows.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Debra Morrill at 608-279-4319 or email@example.com. My web site has more information about shamanism and my philosophy of healing. Please visit debramorrill.com. Referrals welcome.
+ + + + + + + + + +
6) SAVE THE DATES! UPCOMING EVENTS
* Basic Shamanism Workshop - the weekend of March 7-8, 2020 - at Crow Moon Healing in rural Sauk City, WI
* CLASS IS FILLED! PLEASE INQUIRE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPERIENCE ANCESTRAL HEALING - Ancestral Healing Workshop “Healing the Red Thread” - March 27-29, 2020 - near New Glarus, WI
* The Five Elements - a five-part series beginning Sunday, May 31, then meeting the last Sunday of the month through September - dates are May 31 (Earth), June 28 (Water), July 26 (Fire), August 30 (Air), and September 27 (Light) - at Crow Moon Healing in rural Sauk City, WI
* Basic Shamanism Workshop - the weekend of October 10-11, 2020 - at Crow Moon Healing in rural Sauk City, WI
* Energy Essentials for Empaths classes: - Module 1 - Sunday, February 23, 2020 near New Glarus, WI - Module 2 - Saturday, March 21, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI - Module 1 - Saturday, May 16, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI - Module 2 - Saturday, June 13, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI - Module 3 - Saturday, September 19, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI - Module 1 - Saturday, November 21, 2020 in Prairie du Sac, WI
* The Shamanic Path - the next 2.5 year medicine wheel begins in April 2021