Tuesday, January 24, 2023
The chicken Tic likes to eat eggs. No, it’s not gross or cannibalism to me, get over it! The Chicken Tic makes her own breakfast about every other day. At first, I gave her raw eggs and she’d eat just the yolks and the rest went to William but then I read that they should be scrambled but I can’t remember the reasoning why. I just did it. So, now the chicken named Tic calls out when she’s laid an egg and if I didn't hear her, she comes to the door and calls. When I discover the egg, I scramble it and serve her but she is a particular chicken and has developed a pallet for scrambled eggs, scrambled just right.
Rules for scrambling eggs for Tic the Chicken
1) No scrambling of eggs without Chicken aware that I'm cooking.
2) No cold scrambled eggs are served at any time. So, I can’t plan ahead.
3) No buttering the pan so the egg doesn’t stick. She doesn’t like the flavor or possibly the sliminess.
4) No egg is served above the chicken nestbox beside her feed. It’ll be wasted.
5) No serving of scrambled eggs that are too hot. Put in the freezer for less than a minute!
My Chicken eats scrambled eggs in the house, when she is ready, with no butter, cooled to just enough, served on a plate in the kitchen where she is allowed to peck and make a mess, with the option to walk away and come back to finish.
Crow Moon Healing is a full-service bed and breakfast. If I can make a chicken happy, I can make you happy too!
Karen Mcintosh - Crow Moon Healing Owner & Operator